Committees are an important part of our association operations. Committee members help keep our community vibrant; and, by augmenting paid staff, they save the association thousands of dollars each year. The association just wouldn’t be what it is without our active and effective committees. They deserve our sincerest thanks. However, to be successful, our association needs to cultivate fresh ideas and encourage additional resident involvement in our committees; so, we’d like your help on one of our committees.
Committees give the board a way to gather information, offer new ideas and opinions and provide a training ground for future board members. All committees are advisory to the board unless given specific decision-making authority by the board or CC&Rs. The board provides each committee with a job description, goal and mission statement to help it succeed as a community resource.
Our association has three types of committees:
- Administrative committees, like our architectural control committee, are set out in our association’s bylaws and CC&Rs. They are ongoing, permanent and often have clearly defined power and authority.
- Standing committees, such as our social and landscape committees are established by the board for an ongoing and specific purpose. These committees generally make recommendations to and act under the supervision of the board.
- Ad-hoc committees, such as a social function committee, are established by the board as needed for specific projects and tasks. When the task is complete, the committee is disbanded.
So, if you’re thinking about running for the board and want to learn a little more about association operations first, or if you’re interested in helping improve your community or just want to get out and meet neighbors, we would be thrilled to talk to you about our committees and how you might be able to help.
- Neighborhood Watch http://www.scrwatch.org/
- Outdoors http://www.shadowcreekranchoutdoors.com/
- Architectural Review
You may complete an application for the committees here and submit it to Cassandra Gerling-Perez, Lifestyle Director at email@example.com.